On Thursday morning, my boyfriend and I are flying to Washington D.C. (where I’ve never been!) to visit family, and then skipping over to New Jersey with them for Thanksgiving. I can’t wait to relax and enjoy the chilly East Coast weather, and I really can’t wait to see the Lincoln Memorial. It’s always been on my bucket list!
I fly fairly often, so at this point, I feel like I have my carry-on bag down to a science. Here’s what I always stash away for a comfortable and peaceful trip through the skies.
1. These Bose Headphones are fantastic, especially if you ever feel anxious on flights like I do. They’re comfortable, and the noise-canceling voodoo works like a charm. They’re the perfect way to retreat into your own space.
2. Of course, headphones are nothing without a gripping murder mystery podcast to listen to. Trust me, if you start listening to Serial on the plane, you’ll wish your flight was longer.
3. There’s just nothing like brushing your teeth, especially after you’ve been on a long, stuffy flight. These little guys are life-savers.
4. A soft infinity scarf like this one will keep you looking adorable in the airport and provide the perfect headrest if you nod off in-flight. I’m all about multipurpose fashion accessories, friends. ;)
5. I almost never use regular hair ties anymore because I’m so in love with these pretty ribbon ones. A french braid with a ribbon tie on the end is just about the perfect flying hairstyle.
6. You’re probably already a fan of EOS chapstick, and for good reason! This sweet mint flavor is refreshing and nourishing.
7. Though I typically don’t wear much makeup on a flight, I like to have a bit of concealer stashed away to dab on just before we land. It helps me feel more put together.
8. Plane food is icky (we know this) so usually I keep a little SOS food in my carry-on just in case. Trader Joe’s Sesame Honey Almonds are ridiculous. You won’t stop eating them. You’ve been warned.
9. Yeah, yeah — I know you don’t like Ugg Boots. But let’s just take a moment to set aside our fashionable pride and admit that they’re absolutely perfect for a flight because they’re not really boots, they’re slippers. Hello.
Are you flying anywhere over the holidays? I have several flights coming up, so you’d better bet I’ll be stocking up on those almonds. :)