As the weather continues to cool down, I can’t resist getting a few treats for our apartment to make it feel more seasonally appropriate. And by seasonally appropriate, I really mean movie marathon-pumpkin pie-fireplace roaring appropriate. :)
Here are a few of my favorite cold weather accessories, which add a little holiday sparkle to any cozy home.
1. I’ve often considered getting a pretty brass fireplace candelabra like this one for our fireplace. It’s simpler and less messy that real logs, and there’s such a romantic quality to having so many candles lit at once.
2. This pretty cable knit throw is a classic. Pile it onto a big leather library chair and you’re set.
3. Though it never really gets cold in LA, we have this sheepskin on the floor next to our bed. It’s such a treat to sink your toes into in the midst of a chilly morning.
4. Marine Layer is one of my favorite places to shop (they’re based in San Francisco!) and these sweatpants encompass everything I love about them. These joggers are ridiculously soft and manage to be flattering too!
5. I love the simplicity of this cup and saucer, which would be perfect for a little late-night mint tea.
6. When I worked at Nordstrom, this blanket was one of my favorite things that we sold. It’s soft, warm (but not too heavy), and low maintenance. Let’s just say we didn’t get very many of these in the returns bin.
7. I picked up this pretty candle while shopping with my mom and best friend at Target last week, and I’m obsessed! We all decided that it smells clean and wintery. But also — New Years Wish? You don’t make a wish on New Years, am I right? Have I been missing something? Well whatever — it still smells magical.