Image c/o Dean Martindale
I’ve been wearing shorts and gauzy tops here in LA, and they’ve got me thinking about summer. I know that technically we have a few months to go, but in my world, we’re already making the transition. Margaritas and beach days are always welcome here.
I’m trying to focus on being more present and adventurous, since I’m becoming aware of how often life changes, whether we want it to or not. Before I realize it, I’ll be in a new phase of my life. I just want to make sure I got every last drop out of this one. :)
Which somehow leads to this list of things I’d love to do this summer. These are fun things, mind you– my current bikini-minded morning workouts are not on this list. :)
- Roast marshmallows for Reeses s’mores at a beach bonfire
- Take a trip somewhere I haven’t yet explored (maybe it’s finally time to visit Joshua Tree)
- Learn how to make an excellent, refreshing mojito
- Go for a hike and earn a tan line or two
- Host a BBQ for our friends
- Complete an apartment-related DIY project
- Take Tim camping (!)
- Bake strawberry shortcake
- Add a few bohemian-inspired pieces to my wardrobe
- Run in a 5-K… like actually run
It’s a bit ambitious, and I can’t promise that I’ll check each of these items off, but it’s a fun set of daydreams for the upcoming season.