During my years at USC, Disneyland was a fun weekend destination. I went with friends, boyfriends, and even a few times with clubs. It’s just about an hour from Los Angeles– perfect for a quick weekend getaway.
I feel like at this point I’m kind of a pro (that’s a little embarrassing?), so I thought I’d share a few of my favorite ways to enjoy Disneyland as an adult.
- Get a locker. At first this seemed ridiculous to me, but now I realize how perfect it is! I always bring yoga pants, a sweatshirt, and a scarf for when it gets chilly at night, an extra pair of socks if I’m riding water rides, two water bottles per person, and some easy to eat, healthy snacks. I love Disneyland food, but if I eat it all day, I end up feeling icky by the end. Who wants to carry all of that around?
- Make reservations. I prefer to eat dinner in Downtown Disney, but it’s horrible to have to wait an hour to eat when it’s likely that you’re already starving. Usually I make reservations the morning of and it makes for a much more pleasant dining experience.
- Take a nap. If you’re staying in a Disneyland hotel, consider going back to the hotel in mid-afternoon to rest for a bit. This is the craziest time for the park anyways, and it’ll make your night much more “princess” and less “zombie”. ;)
- Fast pass it up. Fast passes are so worth it. Usually, we’ll pick up a fast pass, go on a few rides, and by that time, it’ll be time to ride the fast pass ride. They’re awesome and completely worth the coordination effort. Think of it this way: when you use a fast pass, immediately get another one. That way, you’re not letting any time slip through your fingers.
- Ask for a plastic bag. I love water rides– especially when it’s hot!– but the last thing I want is a water-logged cell phone. I pick up a Disney plastic bag in one of the stores and put all of the purses, jackets, and other belongings into it before we ride a water ride. That way, they all stay perfectly dry and I don’t have to worry about them.
I hope these tips were helpful! Are you a Disney person? I just can’t get enough of the tiny girls in princess outfits. So adorable.